Saturday, August 10, 2013

Revelation

Like many people I tried writing a blog "about something" without understanding what "something" is. This led to what could be called at best intermittent attempts to force myself to say something about something. (Nonexistent would better describe those efforts.)
I thought that as someone who writes, I should write about writing, missing the big picture.
What is the (forgive the cliché) Big Picture?
Writing is not what I do, it's who I am. And that means everything I do, think, and say is about writing.
But wait, as they say, there's more. Because I'm a hell of a lot more than a writer.
Among other things, I'm a father, husband, teacher, musician (this last called into question on occasion by fellow band members) traveler (in oh so many ways), the list goes on and on.
So, to the revelation: Whatever I write needs to come from who I am, not just what I do.
That will at time involve advice, opinions, commentary of the state of education, and just about anything else that makes me, me.
This opens the door (sadly, another cliché) to the question of, "who gives a shit what Kelly Owen has to say?
The answer to that will be up each individual who visits this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment